Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I shall be clean.

"... While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8

Here is a truth that I am grateful for. In our self-absorbed state of rebellion and callousness, Christ died for us. It is the Lord who knows us intimately (Psalm 139), and the Lord who hunts us down when we have strayed. His love is not incumbent on our obedience (or lack thereof). In love, He reminds us of all that we were meant to be, and our obedience becomes our response. All while we were still sinners.

"Oh to grace how great a debtor,
Daily I'm consigned to be.
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for thy courts above."

No comments: