Thursday, June 21, 2007

To the late Stephen Hampton

Hey dude,

I didn't know you all too well, but I just wanted to say that you were on my mind. The L-rd woke me up last night to pray for your family.

The few times that we talked, you always seemed to be thinking. I had the feeling that you were a smart cookie. And remember when we met before Highroad and tried to find Stephy K together? Then you sang for her because it was her birthday.

I do wonder sometimes why G-d brings home the ones that seem to have so much potential. I think you fell into that category. It would have been neat to see where you would have gone and what you would have done... but He saw it fit to take you home. That's a bonus for you, but a bummer for the rest of this world.

Dude, I'll miss your crazy hair and lanky self.

As Pac said, "Keep it poppin up there." I'll see you in a few years (G-d willing.)

Sincerely,
Chuck

No comments: