Monday, May 21, 2007

When I hear about the Spirit moving...

... I tear up.

I was sitting in the waiting area getting my overdue drivers license renewed, reading Shane Claiborne's Irresistible Revolution. Have you ever had to set down a book so that you could compose yourself before continuing onto the next paragraph? It doesn't happen often for me, but I was only in the third chapter when I had to do it, lest I start bawling at the NJ Department of Motor Vehicles waiting room. (Wouldn't be good for the license picture, ya know?)

Whether I agree with all his propositions or not is secondary. One cannot deny the punch in the gut that his words and experiences have. I'm not done with it, so I can't recommend it quite yet. But I have a feeling that I'll probably recommend it pretty soon.

No comments: